La Vie En Rose cruises on the picturesque Canal du Centre in the Southern Burgundy wine region. The week long peaceful barging experience goes beyond visits of exceptional sites and beauty of the landscapes: La Vie En Rose is also about being welcomed by true locals who are eager to share with you the regional culture & traditions...including the “Pleasure of the Table”. La Vie En Rose offers Half Board cruises with four meals ashore (not included)…A great value cruise package which provides you the opportunity to “live like a local” and experience authentic local restaurants along the route, all carefully selected and recommended by your Captain.
♦ Visit the magnificent XIIe Century fortress of Chateau de Couches, the most complete medieval fortified city in existence
♦ Discover the the wine appellation Maranges while touring the three "Maranges villages" with their charmingly old-fashioned homes of the winemakers
♦ Visit the wonderful Château de Sully, "The most beautiful Renaissance Courtyard in France"
♦ Admire and taste the treasures of Southern Côte de Beaune wine country, as you take the famous "Route des Grands Crus"
♦ Enjoy Market Day in Beaune followed by a private tour of the "Hospices de Beaune" and the Hotel Dieu
♦ Experience exclusive wine tastings at the "Patriarche Cellars", the longest cellars in Burgundy, and at the "The Château de Chamirey" in Mercurey
♦ Tour Chalon-sur-Saône with its impressive Cathedral and lively squares
♦ Half-Board cruise with 4 meals onshore gives you the opportunity to enjoy the local gastronomic delights at the "table" of your choice: from a local "auberge" to a iconic Michelin star restaurant
- Transfers from Le Creusot train station or Dijon (Hotel or train station), to the barge and return
- Six nights accommodation onboard
- All meals on board, except for 4 meals (lunch or dinner) at passenger expense at local restaurants, all carefully selected and recommended by your Captain, for a true regional culinary experience
- Open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Wine with meals on board, and bar drinks on board
- Sightseeing excursions with escort and air-conditioned vehicle
- The services of 3 crew
- Use of bicycles
- Trip Cancellation & Travel insurance
- Overseas air transportation to Paris and return
- Transportation from Paris to the barge pick up point and return
- 4 meals onshore
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities are not included. Tipping is entirely discretionary if you are fully satisfied with the level of service. As a guidance our passengers on average tip 5% of the cruise fare